ELDOA is the healing of the spine, but to properly heal your body you need proper food. Follow us here at ELDOA USA for healthy food and drinks! In our Food for the Spine series we create and share delicious meals, with ingredients especially added to heal your spine.
We kick of this series with Seared Chicken and Roasted Cauliflower, a simple low calorie meal with a touch of spice. Do you know that cauliflower is one the best vegetables for creating collagen for your spine? It contains 77% Vitamin C and improves the quality of your ligament, tendons and overall bone quality. In this recipe we coat the cauliflower florets in harissa sauce, a Moroccan red pepper sauce that gives it that exotic taste. Top that with the easy tzatziki sauce and you get the perfect match, enjoy!
Seared Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower
1 cauliflower head
1/2 cucumber (approx 1 – 1 1/2 cup of grated)
2 tablespoons parsley
2 boneless skinless organic chicken breasts
2 tablespoons Harissa Sauce
1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt (for dairy free option, we recommend SoDelicious Greek Yogurt based on Coconut milk)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Clean and remove leaves from cauliflower, cut into bite size florets. Cut the lemon in half, you will use one half to juice for tzatziki sauce, cut the other half into wedges as garnish. Remove skin on cucumber and either grate or finely dice. Mince the parsley and split up in two bowls, you will need half for the sauce and half for the cauliflowers. Pat dry chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix cauliflower florets with harissa sauce, 2 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper. Make sure you coat the cauliflower well. On a baking sheet, put a layer of foil – either brush lightly with melted coconut oil or cooking spray – and spread cauliflowers into a single layer. Put in oven for 20 minutes, middle rack, stirring halfway through.
- While cauliflower is in oven, sear chicken in pan for about 4-7 minutes per side depending on size and thickness. As we love spice in our family – I had tossed the chicken in a bit of sriracha sauce a few hours before to add even more flavor to this meal, highly recommend! Remove chicken from pan and cut into thin slices.
- Make the tzatziki sauce in bowl by combining yogurt, grated cucumber, juice from half a lemon, 1 teaspoon olive oil and parsley. Mix well, add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Take the cauliflower out of oven, toss with parsley.
- On a plate, dish up sliced chicken in middle, wrap with roasted cauliflower, add a heaping tablespoon of tzatziki sauce on top of chicken, sprinkle with remaining parsley, light coat of olive oil and lemon juice from one wedge. To add even more nutrition boost, add avocado. Enjoy!