Seal Beach, CA
Date: March 12th – 15th, 2020
Instructor: Bryce Turner
*This course has no prerequisites.
**This course is NSCA, NASM and AFAA CEU approved. You will receive your CEUs upon completion.
***Pending Approval by the California Board of Chiropractic Examiners***
Course is hosted with or without approval from the California Board of Chiropractic Examiners. Course is NSCA, NASM and AFAA CEU approved.
148 Main Street, Suite F
Seal Beach, CA 90740
Thursday 12.00 – 7.30pm
Friday 10.00 – 6.00pm
Saturday 10.00 – 6.00pm
Sunday 8.00 – 4.00pm
*Minor schedule changes may occur.
Welcome to ELDOA 1 & 2 Combination Course!
ELDOA Level 1-2 Intensive Course – The ELDOA of the Spine – combines levels 1 & 2 into 1 four-day course. You will learn ALL the ELDOA’s of the spine.
The course discusses The Most Frequently Used ELDOA Postures of the Spine. The history of the ELDOA according to Guy VOYER DO, and the Historical Synopsis of the ELDOA are also discussion topics. The remainder of the course, Kapandji spine biomechanics and descriptive anatomy are taught. Students learn the ELDOA postures of the spine from the level of L5-S1 to C2-C3 and the Factors of Progression are introduced.
The Teaching and Application of the Classic ELDOA Postures of the Spine, Levels L5-S1 to C2-C3, including factors of progression.
- The History of the ELDOA, Including the Comprehensive Historical Synopsis of How the ELDOA was Organized by Guy VOYER
- What are the Goals of the ELDOA? – General and Local Effects
- Good Posture: The Gravity Line and Spine Curvature Disorders
- Classic Spine Biomechanics and Descriptive Anatomy
- Fascia Overview and the Roles of the Fascia – According to Guy VOYER, DO
- Water is Life: Intracellular vs. Extracellular Water
- Introduction to Dura Mater and Cervical Spinal Fluid
- Teaching Principles: Awareness, Myo-Fascial Stretching, Lemniscate & Introduce Factors of Progression
- The Importance of a Home Program
- Discussion and Theory: ELDOA Philosophy – “You Are Your Own Best Therapist”
What is ELDOA?
ELDOA is an exercise technique designed to decompress the space within a chosen articulation. Osteo-Articular means bones and joints, Decoaptation means opening, ELDOA is the name of both the technique and the postures involved.
The working principle of ELDOA, using tensegrity biomechanics and 35 years of fasical research were designed by French Osteopath Guy VOYER DO to “create space” within a precise joint or a segment of the spine, this is accomplished by creating fascial tension to fix the vertebra below and contraction in extreme range to normalize the vertebra above the targeted disc. By creating myofascial tension (tension in the fascia), the ELDOA can affect the tissue, ligaments, nervous tissues, and organs associated with that joint or spinal segment. There are ELDOAs for the spine, sacro-illiac joint, shoulders, hips, ribs, and skull.
The ELDOA are specific and complex techniques that require attention to form and correct progressions, once they are learnt they take only a minute per ELDOA to do. Everyone can benefit from the effects of ELDOAs and with the guidance of a Certified ELDOA Trainer, this technique is highly beneficial for both injury rehabilitation, prevention and performance.
The Goals of the ELDOA™ are as follows:
• To create more space between the vertebrae.
• To create more space for the intervertebral disc.
• To depress the nerve between the vertebrae.
• To improve proprioception of the vertebral joint segment.
• To improve proprioception of the Function Spinal Unit (FSU).
• To hydrate the intervertebral disc.
• To move all the parts of the annulus fibrosis to stimulate the water intake.
Upon completion you will graduate as a Level 1 and 2 ELDOA student-practitioner.
- Wear comfortable athletic clothes during the course. Bring a change of clothes if you prefer for after the ELDOA class.
- Complimentary fruit and water is available all day for your convenience. Please bring a refillable water bottle if you can.
- You can store food in our fridge, we also have a toaster oven and a microwave.
- You are surrounded by excellent coffee shops and restaurants as we are right on Main Street.
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday will begin with a 60-min ELDOA Fitness class.
- Hennessy’s Parking Lot has free all day parking for Beach Fitness visitors. Located across the street from gym facing Main Street.
- Bank of America parking lot across from facility has free no-limit parking after closing on Sat and Sunday all day.
- Beach Parking Lot. 10th Street/Beach Lot has all day parking for $3.
- There is 1 or 2h parking limit on most streets surrounding the facility.
AIRBNB (areas: Seal Beach, Sunset, Long Beach (Naples Island, Belmont Shore etc)
THE PACIFIC INN (walking distance from facility)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
SIGN UP TODAY!
Upon completion of initial month payment of $466, remaining payments will be sent the 2 consecutive months at the 1st of each month (you have 14 days to pay each invoice sent).
By purchasing the above item I agree to the Cancellation Policy.
- A service charge of $150 will apply for ALL cancellations.
- Refunds will not be issued within 30 days of the course/seminar start date.
- Course participants have the option to re-schedule the course within a period of 12 months from original start date of the course. The enrollment change must be notified to ELDOA USA at email@example.com a minimum of 5 days prior to original course start. Participants who choose to re-schedule must choose equal Certification Course taught by Bryce Turner, ELDOA USA. Re-scheduling does not qualify for a refund.
- Cancellation within 5 days prior to course start are considered late cancel or no show and will not allow for a refund or enrollment change. Service charge will apply.
- No refunds on private or customized engagements.
- No refunds on private treatments or appointments.